Tuesday, May 5, 2009

NASCAR Ratings Continue Slipping

NASCAR Cup racing continues to have a serious television ratings problem. Things have gotten no better since my comments on 3/30/09. The ratings for the last five races compared to last year:

Martinsville - down 13%
Texas - down 13%
Phoenix - down 18%
Talladega - down 12%
Richmond - down 12% (overnight)

How can this be?!?! Has NASCAR, aided by FOX, killed the goose that laid the golden egg???? I think it has, at least, seriously injured it.


FOX only has three races left this year so it is too late to change anything. But, FOX needs to revamp its on-air personnel for next year. And get rid of Digger. Quit insulting us fans.


NASCAR can only hope that ratings improve when TNT takes over, followed by ESPN/ABC later in the summer. There may be some improvement, but for all the reasons I stated in my blog of 3/30/09, I am not confident that there will be a significant turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment